The Top SEO Trends for 2018
- Shifting from desktop to mobile
- Voice Searches
- Better user experience – dwell time and bounce rate
- Credible sites with easily found information
What is Google’s RankBrain?
Mobile Friendly Websites
How to Improve User Experience on Websites
- Your sites speed (Meaning load time)
- The readability of content
- Navigation (Are pages easily found?)
- The architecture of information (Is the most important information at the beginning?)
- Page Design (Readers and potential clients are likely to stay on a page longer that is broken down with short sentences, pictures, graphics, and videos)
Therefore, creating a website and a page that has all of the above will increase dwell time, and thus, improve your Google rankings.
What is a Reputable Site?
User experience goes hand in hand with the credibility of sites.
Again, Google is able to recognize pages that are relevant and answer the search query the quickest. Pages can no longer be created with the intent to rank. In other words, you can’t stuff in a ton of keywords and links into content pages that offer little information to the user. Before, these pages would rank high, but Google’s new algorithm is ranking personalized content higher.
This isn’t saying that optimization won’t help you. YOU MUST STILL OPTIMIZE PAGES! However, the information within the content is just as important.