What is Backlinks in SEO?
How do You Build Links?
Backlinks might be one of the most complicated and time consuming SEO tools. In general, getting backlinks isn’t easy, but once you do, Google will see that your content or website is getting attention; thus, improving your rankings. Though this is putting SEO backlinks into simpler terms, the bulleted points below should give you more insight on the topic.
Backlinks are external websites referring to your website or a specific page. These back links can come from local stores you have done business with, blogs from local writers, or influencer marketers. A backlink can be used in a content piece where the business owner, blogger, or influencer discusses your services, products, or article. They then insert a link on their website to your website or specific article. The more back links you receive to your website or page the better search results your page will get. Here is an article that discusses backlinks: https://www.postmm.com/what-backlink-examples/
(Also, what I just did is an example of a back link if I were to post this information on a website)
What is the Difference Between Backlinks and Inbound links?
Inbound links, also know as internal links, is still the use of links on your website and in content, but instead of linking to another website you are linking to another page on your site or article. This is also beneficial for SEO and rankings.
Influencer Marketing has become increasingly popular and is one of the top trends for marketing in 2017. In a sense, influencer marketing is similar to backlinks because it is a referral. However, an influencer is a trusted person or business owner that recommends your product or services. One thing to keep in mind is that this may cost money depending on the influencer. One tactic to try is being an influencer marketer for each other (b2b). If you are both prominent business owners and share similar audiences, you may find it beneficial to be the influencer for one another. This doesn’t cost anything and can provide needed backlinks to both your websites.
Forbes has a lot of great insight on Influencer Marketing as well as Tubular Insights. Here is one article you may find beneficial: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mnewlands/2017/03/15/how-to-create-a-successful-influencer-marketing-campaign/#759af123db62
How to get Backlinks
- Networking: Networking with other local businesses on social media helps develop a relationship. If you know the business owner well, you can discuss incorporating their blogs or products on your website in exchange for their referral.
- Referrals: Similar to networking, you can tag, link, post, or tweet about other businesses, or products. If this person see’s that you are referring to them they might exchange the favor by reposting content you have written or reaching out to you personally. Networking and referrals are all about creating relationships.
- Influencer Marketing: This type of marketing can cost money depending on the route you go, but more people are looking to get trusted information about a business or product. Though reviews do a lot for a business’s reputation, having a reputable person refer to the business is all consumers need to see. It’s an easy way to persuade customer to choose your store and get the attention of potential customers.
- Directories: Getting into directories, or being recommended by the Better Business Bureau, can cost money. Yet, it is an easy way to get backlinks.
Where to Get Backlinks
- Local Stores
- Local Websites
- Online Newspapers
- Online Magazines
- Online Ads (Tricky)
- Social Media (Doesn’t carry as much weight)
Sites to Pursue for Backlinks
- Better Business Bureau
- Yellow Pages
- State Directory/Local businesses
- You also may find it useful to Google directories in the local area to see what is available
- Chamber of Commerce Directory: http://www.officialusa.com/stateguides/chambers/
Skillman Video Group LLC specializes in video production Boston. Call us anytime at 1-800-784-0140.
Search our blog:
Follow us on: