Video Production Services in New England
When it comes to video production services, nothing demonstrates professionalism and trustworthiness quite like a prepared team. It may seem like old news but no one can overestimate the importance of saving multiple copies, bringing spare batteries, emptying memory cards, and of course, the old faithful gaffers tape to keep those bulky and uninhibited cords out of sight. Throughout the years of providing video production services in the Boston area, these are a few of the essential items and habits SVG has found to be both necessary and heroic to accomplish our corporate video ideas. Skillman Video Group considers these few and often overlooked items to be present at all of our Boston video production shoots:
Top Video Production Essentials
- The biggies: Yes, we mean bring the camera, tripod, lights, and audio equipment. Do a quick checklist before leaving for the shoot to ensure all of the necessary pieces are there to make your corporate video ideas come to life.
- Bring spares of everything (Memory cards, light bulbs, batteries, mics, etc.): Running out of space on a memory card can delay a team heavily or disallow a project to meet its full potential. Bring spare memory cards with ample amounts of storage. Bring extra light bulbs and batteries to spare everyone the embarrassment and frustration of powerless equipment. A video that is well lit for a minute, while the other 20 seconds are not, will distract the audience and can delay the editing process. Bring spares of spares. And while you’re at it, make sure the vehicle has its spare tire.
- Chargers: This one is fairly self-explanatory. If it doesn’t require batteries, make sure it can be charged before the equipment, laptop, phone, etc. veers to 0% and is rendered useless.
- A hard drive/laptop to save work to immediately: Nothing is quite as defeating as hearing the words, “It’s gone” in the Boston video production scene. One can never save their work too many times or on too many hard drives. Bring a hard drive to save work on immediately. The team is taking a ten minute break? Save. Lunch time? Save. About to leave for the day? SAVE! We recommend the Seagate hard drives for external memory.
- Gaffers tape: It truly is a hero. Cords are a sore, sore sight. On top of this, tape tells actors and interviewees where to stand or walk to, making any bit of sequence much easier to map out.
- Makeup/brush: Shiny foreheads and blemishes are just another distraction that can be avoided.
Video Production Equipment
Boston video production services require many moving pieces. And so, even though a team may think to bring the bigger items (camera, sound recorder, tripod, lights, etc.), it can be easy to overlook the little pieces that allow the larger equipment to actually turn on. A video production team may have the expensive equipment, but bringing the extras, spares, and being tedious with precious content and footage, is a characteristic of the production team. At SVG, we understand the importance of this and is another reason that sets us apart from the rest. When it comes to catering to peoples already tight schedules, missing a shot, a line, misplacing memory, or dealing with faulty equipment due to unpreparedness is unaffordable. In conclusion, when in the business of providing video production services, one needs to be prepared for everything. And so, to accomplish those corporate video ideas and anything in between, SVG makes sure to check, save, and always bring a spare.
Skillman Videography Group LLC specializes in Boston video marketing. Call us anytime at 1-800-784-0140.