The Art of Blogging for Business
“How Do I Market My Business?”
There are many businesses out there with a wonderful service, product, or idea that are held back simply because they aren’t quite sure how to market themselves. Well, as I’m sure you’re aware, there are tons of ways to market yourself and your business, from email marketing campaigns to SEO. The future of marketing, however, lies in content. Granted, there are a number of ways to get your hands into content marketing, whether that may be through original video content or social media and so on from there. But if you’re looking to dive in headfirst, one easy (and free!) way to begin launching your content marketing strategy is through a company blog.
Finding Your Voice
More and more, companies and businesses are keeping blogs. Some use a blog to discuss current or upcoming projects. Others use a blog to post pieces on industry trends and news. Others combine the two. The main objective of a blog, though, is to put your business out there for the world to see. It’s an effective means of telling your story, whether that may be through geeking out over something you’re deeply passionate about or through dishing out news and ideas in a professional and engaging manner.
What may be the single most difficult aspect of starting a company blog is finding your way to the right tone and voice. Here are some ideas to keep in mind to help guide you in this process:
- Know your audience. Who are you writing for? What type of people would be reading your blog? If you can’t answer those questions, then you may want to take a step back. Before you do anything, you must have a grasp on who you are trying to reach.
- Have clear goals. What is the purpose of your blog? Are you looking to inform? Are you looking to show off a more personal side of your business? Don’t jump in unless you know where you want your blog to take you.
- Be professional but never stuffy, conversational but never too informal. The tone of your blog can be a delicate balancing act, but that balance is what will set you apart.
- Maintain consistency. You must regularly be posting content on your blog. If a potential client visits your site and sees that your blog hasn’t been updated in over three weeks, it will not look well. This consistency also applies to the content itself. Each and every post should display the same level of effort and quality.
- Have fun with it! Blogging shouldn’t be a slog. Allow your passion to shine through, and only good things can come of it.
Go Inside the SVG Blog and Beyond
At Skillman Video Group, LLC, we maintain a company blog which we regularly update with commentary on marketing industry trends, posts detailing recent video productions, tips on working in video, and more. And because we always like to remain informed, we routinely check out other great video production and marketing blogs, from ReelSEO to Vidyard. Ready to get started? Explore the wonderful world of content marketing through blogging!
Search our blog:
Follow us on: